Tuesday 19 June 2012

What is it?

Have a guess what this is? Go on. Dare you.


This is a bun warmer, and part of my breakfast ritual, let me explain.  Being a Brit I love a good full English Breakfast, loaded high with artery hardening Bacon, Sausage, Eggs and of course Fried Bread.  However, luckily for me and my cardiologist this is a very, very rare occasion.  Most mornings its toast.

We have a great toaster that is set for a perfect light brown slice.  It was a gift for our wedding nearly eight years ago.  On top, is this little wire rack the booklet said was a bun warmer.  Every morning for nearly eight years I have taken it off, put it to one side whilst toasting.  After breakfast and when I tidy up, I put it back on top of the toaster. The other day, I thought to myself, WHY? Why do I remove and re-attach this wire metal frame everyday?

Not once have I ever used it.  I have never placed a bun, bagel or baguette on top.  I have never warmed a hot cross bun or any other bread related product on top of my toaster. Yet when I stood over the bin with it in my hand I could not bring myself to throw it away.    Luckily for me, my wife, who until she read this thought it was a toast rack, has disposed of it for me.



Today's question is, do you have a bun warmer and have you ever used it?

No comments:

Post a Comment